Online Course | $99
Clinical governance provides a system through which clinicians and managers are jointly accountable for patient safety and quality care1.
Good clinical governance places an emphasis on systemic approaches to safety and quality, rather than reactive, short-term fixes. It draws on the experiences of patients and the contributions of all staff, as well as organisation-level strategies and continuous quality improvement.
Online Course | $99 (inc. GST)
About the online Course
The Clinical Governance course* is designed to help you to understand contemporary clinical governance; how it has developed and its structure and purpose. By exploring case studies and reviewing Australasian systems and processes you will have an opportunity to determine how to improve clinical governance and patient safety.
The course contains three modules:
- Module A: Introduction to clinical governance
- Module B: The role of quality and safety in healthcare
- Module C: Credentialing and professional development in clinical governance
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain why clinical governance is needed in contemporary healthcare
- Describe how clinical governance applies to you, your team and the organisation that employs you
- Describe the role and accountability of the health professional, patient and community in clinical governance
- Recognise the importance of partnering with consumers
- List the key criteria for good clinical governance for safety and quality in health service organisations
- Engage in the risk management process, including reporting, monitoring and ongoing improvement
- Describe the role that continuing professional development has to play in the provision of high quality, safe and effective patient care In clinical governance in all aspects of practice
- Select and apply appropriate frameworks and tools to enhance patient safety
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately two hours per module (six hours in total) on this course. You don’t have to complete the course in one sitting.
online Course access
Upon purchase of the course, you will have four weeks of online access to complete the three modules. The four week period begins from the time of purchase and you can return to the course at any time within the period you are subscribed.
Certificate of completion
After successfully completing all modules of this course you will receive a certificate of completion, which you should retain for your records.
This course is accredited for CPD hours/points as follows:
- RACGP: 12 CPD Category 2 Points
- ACRRM: 6 PDP Credit Points
- RACS: Accredited for 6 CPD points
- ACN: Accredited for 6 CPD hours
$99 (inc. GST)
Upon completion of the online course, you will be eligible to attend the related workshop; Applied Clinical Governance at a 10% discounted rate.