Online Course | $99
Health research has high value to society. It can provide important information about disease trends and risk factors, outcomes of treatment, care or public health interventions, functional abilities, patterns of care, and healthcare costs and use.
The different approaches to research provide complementary insights. Different approaches to health research have led to significant discoveries, the development of new therapies, and a remarkable improvement in healthcare and public health.
The majority of health professionals engaged in patient care will be consumers of research; implementing evidence-based practice is crucial to provide optimal care. For others, the thought of being on the other side and participating in research is exciting.
Online course | $99 (inc. GST)
About the online course
This course* is designed to help health professionals develop research skills to enable them to participate in research teams in the healthcare system.
This course contains three modules:
- Module A: An introduction to research methods
- Module B: Grant writing and analysing research data
- Module C: How to write a paper
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of clinical research
- List the types of clinical research
- Design a research question
- Select the appropriate study design to address research questions
- Describe data collection methods
- Consider issues related to research rigour and reproducibility
- Appreciate the need for responsible and ethical research
- Describe the grant writing process
- List what grant reviewers look for
- Describe statistical and qualitative concepts
- Conduct basic quantitative data analysis
- Choose appropriate qualitative analysis methods for the research question
- Describe the issues associated with manuscript authorship
- Avoid plagiarism
- Follow IMRAD steps for writing manuscripts
- Describe why manuscripts are rejected
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately three hours per module (nine hours in total) on this course. You don’t have to complete the course in one sitting.
Upon purchase of the course, you will have four weeks of online access to complete the three modules. The four week period begins from the time of purchase and you can return to the course at any time within the period you are subscribed.
After successfully completing all modules of this course you will receive a certificate of completion, which you should retain for your records.
This course is accredited for CPD hours/points as follows:
- RACGP: 18 CPD points
- RACS: 9 CPD points
- ACRRM: 9 PDP points
- ACN: 9 CPD hours
$99 (inc. GST)